Profhilo is a brand of injectable hyaluronic acid that is used to improve the appearance of skin. At Artisan Clinic, we use it to help patients target specific areas of the face or body, such as the jowls, nasolabial folds, or marionette lines. Profhilo can also be injected into the hands to help improve the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
So, if you were wondering whether Profhilo can also be used on arms, the answer is, yes, it can! You only need to be a good candidate for the treatment, which we will discuss later on. The benefits of Profhilo injections include improved skin elasticity, hydration, and firmness. The results typically last for six months to one year.
How does Profhilo work – what’s in it?
Profhilo contains a concentration of 64mg/2ml of hyaluronic acid, which is much higher than other dermal fillers on the market. This high concentration of hyaluronic acid helps to hydrate and plump the skin, as well as stimulate collagen production.
Profhilo is also unique because it contains a substance called BDDE, which helps break down the bonds between cells. This allows the hyaluronic acid to spread out evenly under the skin, providing more even results.
Does Profhilo have any Side Effects?
As with all injections, there is always a risk of side effects. Some of the most common side effects associated with Profhilo include swelling, redness, bruising, and pain.
These side effects are localized and usually resolve within a few days. Rare but serious side effects can include infection and necrosis (death of skin cells). You can reduce your risk of side effects by choosing a qualified and experienced practitioner to administer your injections.
Am I a Good Candidate for Profhilo?
While Profhilo can be used on the arms, you need to be a good candidate for the treatment. Some of the most common reasons why people are not good candidates for Profhilo include having active acne, eczema, or psoriasis.
Other contraindications for the treatment include being pregnant or breastfeeding, having a history of keloid scarring, and having a history of skin cancer. If you have any concerns about whether you are a good candidate for Profhilo, be sure to speak with a qualified practitioner.
How often should you get a Profhilo Treatment?
The results of Profhilo injections typically last for six months to one year. However, everyone is different, and some people may need more frequent treatments to maintain their results.
If you are interested in getting Profhilo injections, be sure to speak with a qualified practitioner to see how often you will need treatments. It is important to choose a qualified and experienced practitioner. The best way to find a qualified practitioner is to ask for recommendations from friends or families who have had the treatment done.
You can also find a qualified practitioner by searching for “Profhilo practitioners near me” online. Be sure to do your research before choosing a practitioner, as not all of them have the same level of experience and qualifications.
What Happens After The Injection?
Immediately after the injection, you may experience some swelling, redness, and bruising. This is normal and should resolve within a few days. You can reduce your risk of side effects by following your practitioner’s instructions for post-injection care. Common aftercare guidelines the plastic surgeon will want you to adhere to are:
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours after the injection
- Apply a cold compress to the area if it is swollen or inflamed
- Avoid strenuous activity for at least 24 hours after the injection
- Use a bland ointment on the treated area if you experience any irritation or itching.
- Do not massage or manipulate the treated area.
It is also important to remember that results from Profhilo injections are not immediate. It can take up to two weeks for the full effects of the treatment to be visible.
Can you get Profhilo Injections if you are Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
You cannot get Profhilo injections if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is because the effects of the injection on a developing fetus or infant are unknown.
If you are interested in getting Profhilo injections, you will need to wait until you are no longer pregnant or breastfeeding. Here are a few more basics your practitioner will want you to know about Profhilo:
- The downtime after Profhilo is very minimal: Most people who get Profhilo are able to get back to their day-to-day activities after Profhilo. This means that you can always get back to work after the treatment. You are, however, advised to avoid wearing make-up and keep off any activities that may force you to touch or move the injection sites for about 24 hours.
- There is no pain during or after the treatment: The great thing about Profhilo is that it contains lidocaine, a numbing agent. This means that you will not feel any pain during or after the treatment. If you feel any discomfort for any reason, please speak with your practitioner.
- The results of Profhilo are long-lasting: Most people who get Profhilo injections see results that last six to twelve months. However, since everyone is different, you may need more frequent treatments to maintain their results.
- Profhilo is not just for the face: While the majority of people who get Profhilo injections do so for facial rejuvenation, the treatment can also be used to improve the appearance of the hands, neck, and décolletage.
Profhilo can also be used on the arms and is quite effective at reducing the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. The results are not immediate but can be seen within a few weeks to two months.
There is minimal downtime, and side effects are rare. If you are interested in getting Profhilo injections, be sure to research practitioners in your area to find one with the experience and qualifications you are looking for.
At the Artisan Clinic, we are proud to offer Profhilo injections to our patients. We have a team of highly skilled and experienced practitioners who can help you achieve your desired results. Contact us today to book a consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about Profhilo or any of our other treatments. Call: +6598187887
The Artisan Clinic @ Paragon: PicoSure Laser | Acne Scar Removal
290 Orchard Rd,
#07-01 The Paragon