Our health is significantly impacted by stress. Work, social life, and other activities constantly demand our interest and attention. In response, we neglect to take breaks and unwind our bodies and brains.
By identifying stress in our muscles and releasing it via relaxation methods, kinesiology may enhance our mood, health, and general well-being. Of course, kinesiology has a wide range of additional uses.
If you’re interested in finding out more, continue reading to see if earning a degree in kinesiology is the right choice for you.
What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is a form of therapy that focuses on the movement of the body and how it affects overall health and wellbeing. It uses a holistic approach to address the root causes of pain and dysfunction, rather than just treating the symptoms. Kinesiology can be used in conjunction with massage therapy to help identify imbalances in the body and develop a customized treatment plan to address them. This can include exercises, stretches, and other techniques to improve mobility and reduce pain. If you are looking for a natural and effective way to improve your overall health and wellbeing, consider seeking out a qualified kinesiologist or visit Think Physio for massage therapy in Surrey
Kinesiology uses muscle-testing techniques to locate tension sites and abnormalities in the energy system. The theory behind it is that any problems with an energy system would ultimately manifest in the body.
Kinesiology employs a variety of subtle yet powerful methods. The techniques used in the kinesiology session will vary depending on your practitioner’s area of expertise and the specific needs of the client. Muscle testing is a common technique used by all modalities to identify the primary stresses and decide which repairs are necessary. These may have a physical component, such as psychological problems, a chemical imbalance, or dietary modifications.
In kinesiology, the energy system is regarded to be one whole unit. This unit is made up of several components that interact, respond, and have an impact on one another. This belief is prevalent in many complementary and alternative therapies, the majority of which take a holistic approach and believe that everything we do affects the body as a whole.
Major Symptoms of Kinesiology
- Energy Imbalance – Everything starts with a basic imbalance, whether it’s caused by a traumatic event, a food intolerance, an accident, or even too much exposure to technology that interferes with our bodies’ sensitive energies, like our phones, laptops, and computers.
- Compensations – If the imbalance is not corrected, the body will have to make up for it.
- Change in Function – A change in function will occur if the compensations are not addressed.
- Physical symptoms experienced – If the change in function is left untreated, this will typically manifest as pain in any location, including the joints, the skin, anxiety, bowel motions, headaches, or other problems. Though we are currently at stage 4, we frequently mistake the symptoms for being the first stage.
- Increased physical symptoms – As the body is now unable to self-correct, a change in function that has been overlooked might now start to spread throughout the body, creating One thing follows another These symptoms are all linked to the underlying imbalance, though, in the majority of cases.
- Pathology: If the aforementioned problems are ignored for a long enough period of time, a blood test may reveal the problems, but more often than not, the imbalances are so severe and pervasive that a “condition” or “disease” has emerged that requires far more serious treatment.
- Fatality – Ignoring symptoms and diseases might result in death.
What can kinesiology treat?
Numerous issues and difficulties can be treated with the help of kinesiology. These come under the numerous divisions of kinesiology and might be either physical, mental, or spiritual. Kinesiology has a variety of applications, including the following:
- To improve energy
- Target areas of pain or discomfort
- A nutritional aid
- Increasing self-esteem
- Help in overcoming fears, phobias, and anxieties
- Relieve symptoms of stress
Quick Prevention from a Kinesiology Session in Physiotherapy Clinic?
During the initial session, our kinesiologists will frequently also perform a muscle testing demonstration and explain what they are doing, why they are doing it, and what outcome is expected.
Our kinesiologists may offer some lifestyle suggestions and self-care advice at the conclusion of the session, such as ways to manage stress. They may also advise particular exercises for you to try at home before your next appointment. These recommendations are meant to assist in maintaining any beneficial changes that may have taken place during the appointment at the Physiotherapy Clinic in Surrey.
The difficulty you want to resolve and the length of time you have been dealing with the issue will determine how many sessions you need. Although this might vary, the initial session will typically run between one and two hours.